Get your Hawk camera installed in no time by following either the videos or the step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Select the Location
- Before you start, think about the areas that are most important to you and where you want to keep an extra eye on.
- Next, take a walk around your property and check out potential camera angles.
The best spots for the Hawk 4G or WiFi are usually by entry doors, windows, stairways, driveways, and barnyards. Just make sure that each location has a clear line of sight and no obstructions.
- Aim for a spot that's at least 10 feet high. The Hawk 4G or WiFi is an outdoor-rated camera built to be durable, but choosing the right spot will help keep it in tip-top shape for longer.
Step 2: Getting Started
- Unbox the camera and ensure you have all the components, including the camera unit, mounting hardware, and user manual.
- Attach the antenna to the designated port before inserting the batteries.
- Remove the screw from the back plate and insert all four batteries. You'll hear a tone indicating successful battery installation. Do not cover the back plate until the camera is set up successfully in your app.
- Once the camera is powered on, observe a blinking red light, indicating initialization. Wait until the LED light on the camera's face is blue.
This initialization process may take a few minutes. Be patient.
Step 3: Sync the AnywhereCam app
- Download the AnywhereCam app (available for iOS and Android) and create an account.
- Open the AnywhereCam app and make sure you're on the home screen. At the top right corner of the home screen, tap the purple and white + sign.
- Tap the minus sign (-) to activate the scanner within the app. Scan the QR Code provided.
Follow the on-screen prompts to allow the app access to your camera.
For a step-by-step guide on how to set up your camera please visit Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up your Camera
- Once you can successfully view the camera in your app, replace the back plate and securely fasten all six screws to ensure the camera is firmly mounted.
- Adjust the settings to your preferences, including motion detection and alert settings.
Step 4: Installing the Camera
Mount the camera on a flat surface using the provided arm mount. Choose a location that offers a clear view of the desired monitoring area.
All necessary mounting hardware is included. Some minimal drilling and small hand tools may be required. If you are uncomfortable with drilling, please contact us for assistance or to connect with a professional installer.
Adjust the camera's position to optimize coverage. Modify the angle and direction as needed for the best view.
Install the additional solar panel included with the Hawk camera if you need extra charging power or if the solar panel doesn't receive direct sunlight.
Access the live feed and recorded footage by opening the AnywhereCam app.
Purchase cloud storage options within the app for 14 or 30 days of recorded footage.
You're now ready to start monitoring your property!
If you have any questions or need assistance with installation, please contact our customer support team.